The School Council is a lively and enjoyable forum for discussion and gives children the opportunity to develop their voice within the school community. The roles are elected democratically in September and the positions of responsibility last for the whole academic year. School Council Representatives and their Deputies bring the views of their peers which allows every child an opportunity to shape the School’s ethos and environment.
Meetings are chaired by the Assistant Head (Pastoral) and Head of PSHE.
The aims of the School Council are:
- To give children a voice in the School community
- To respect and listen to what children have to say
- To encourage children to discuss ideas and issues
- To encourage children to understand the negotiation of the rights and responsibilities of citizenship in everyday life
- To give children an opportunity to understand and participate in a democratic process